If you’ve lived in Northern Colorado for any length of time, you know that Coloradans love their fences. But if you are a first-time homeowner or have never built or replaced a fence before, you may be wondering should I hire a fence contractor? While the answer to this question ultimately comes down to the homeowner to decide, we’ll go over a few signs that you should look out for when trying to make a decision. Keep reading to learn three signs that it might be time to hire a fencing contractor for your next project.
Should I hire a fence contractor? Three signs you should pick up the phone today
Your existing fence is falling apart
On the fence thinking about should I hire a fence contractor? One of the easiest ways to tell you need one is if your current fence is falling down or shows clear signs of damage. Not only is a broken fence unsightly, but if you have dogs or young children, a broken fence is a recipe for disaster. Don’t wait until something bad happens to call a contractor to replace the fence. Get it taken care of asap.
You don’t know what type of fence to install
Picking the right type of fencing material is an important step in getting you closer to a new fence. If you are unsure of what types of fences or materials might be best for your property, it’s a good idea to call in the experts. Fencing can be made from many different materials and have different looks based on your preferences. A contractor can help you decide what will look and function best for your home. Don’t get hung up on should I hire a fence contractor? Just give us a call.
You are not a DIYer
While we never advise putting a fence up without professional help, don’t attempt to do so if you have never done so before. Fence installation can be a lot more complex than most DIYers and homeowners realize, leading to more expenses down the road if it needs to be corrected. Install your fence right the first time by hiring a professional fence contractor like Rocky Mountain Fence and Decks so that you can ensure your new fence is built to last, especially during the Colorado winters.
Are any of these signs top of mind during your deliberations on should I hire a fence contractor? If so, don’t be afraid to give us a call today. Our friendly contractors have been providing fencing services since 1992, so you can count on us to make your new fence a reality. Curious about what you should know before hiring a fence contractor? Keep reading for 12 additional considerations for hiring a local Northern Colorado contractor.
- Experience and Expertise: Look for contractors who have significant experience in the fencing industry and specialize in the type of fencing you require. Experience indicates their familiarity with various challenges and the ability to deliver quality work.
- Portfolio and References: Review the contractor’s portfolio of past projects to assess the quality of their work. Additionally, ask for references from previous clients to get feedback on their professionalism, reliability, and customer satisfaction.
- Licenses and Insurance: Ensure that the contractor holds the necessary licenses and permits required by your local authorities. It’s also crucial that they have appropriate insurance coverage to protect you and your property in case of any accidents or damages.
- Written Estimates: Obtain written estimates from multiple contractors for your fencing project. Compare the quotes to determine the most reasonable and competitive pricing while considering the scope of work and materials used.
- Written Contracts: Always have a detailed written contract that outlines the project specifics, including the type of fence, materials to be used, project timeline, payment terms, warranties, and any other agreed-upon terms.
- Communication and Responsiveness: Choose a contractor who is responsive, communicates clearly, and promptly addresses your questions and concerns. Effective communication is crucial for a successful working relationship.
- Workmanship Warranty: Inquire about the contractor’s warranty policy for their workmanship. A reputable contractor should offer a warranty that covers any defects or issues that may arise from their work within a specific period.
- Permits and Regulations: Confirm if the contractor will handle the necessary permits and compliance with local regulations on your behalf. Fence installations may require permits, especially if they involve certain heights or are located in specific areas.
- Subcontractors and Crew: Find out if the contractor uses subcontractors for any part of the project. If so, ensure that they are properly licensed and insured. Additionally, verify the qualifications and experience of the crew members who will be working on your project.
- Material Quality: Discuss the quality of materials the contractor intends to use for your fence. Request information on the durability, maintenance requirements, and expected lifespan of the materials to ensure they meet your expectations.
- Project Timeline: Get a clear understanding of the expected start and completion dates for the project. While delays can happen due to unforeseen circumstances, a reputable contractor should provide you with a realistic timeline and communicate any changes promptly.
- Reviews and Reputation: Research the contractor’s reputation by checking online reviews, testimonials, and ratings from previous customers. This information can provide insights into their reliability, professionalism, and the overall satisfaction of their clients.
Remember to thoroughly evaluate and consider these factors before making a final decision on which fence contractor to hire.
Since 1992, Rocky Mountain Fence and Decks has offered expert decking services. Fill out our simple estimate form to receive a quote for your project. Be sure to check out our financing. The Loveland, Colorado-based Rocky Mountain Fence and Decks provides services to the whole Northern Colorado region, including Wellington, LaPorte, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley, Loveland, and Berthoud. We are looking forward to your call!
Looking for more reasons why you should work with us? Check out these two 5-star reviews from our recent customers Jim Brookshire and Eleni Rodriguez.
“Very professional employees, Travis always kept us up to date on the progress of the job. The job site was kept clean and when done all trash was removed. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for decks and fences.”
“Unbelievable quality and value! Extremely professional responsive and on time! In this day honesty and hard work is hard to find. I can honestly say all of these qualities are met above and beyond!”