That ugly fence has been sitting in the backyard haunting you for years, and this is the year you have vowed to do something about it. You have studied up and found some of the best fence installation tips to get your project going. After all, doing it yourself is the cheapest way to build a fence, right? While it is understandable that as a homeowner you feel you should take care of it on your own, it may be more advisable to take a step back and evaluate this idea a little longer. The professionals at Rocky Mountain Fence and Decks may still be worth a call unless you are a skilled fence builder. Call 970-402-1000 today to see how we can get you into an affordable, stable, and stylish fence that will last.
Even the best fence installation tips may not meet your DIY ambitions
We know, you’ve been a fan of internet DIY shows for years, and you may feel the lessons you have learned on how to build a wooden fence step by step from their experts have properly prepared you for your DIY fence. But just as there are many television professionals out there to coach you through a project, there are just as many professional builders out there who warn against it. There are many reasons for this.
7 reasons fence building tips may not make for a great DIY
Here are seven reasons why building a fence on your own might not be the best idea:
- Getting Fancy Gets Complicated: Fences can be like puzzles with lots of pieces, especially if you want a cool design. Pros have the knack for putting together tricky designs that not only look great but also hold up well.
- Tools and Tricks: Making a fence that stands strong and lasts long in Colorado needs a bit of know-how. Pros have this in spades. They’ve got all the tricks, tools, and techniques to build a fence that’s as solid as a rock.
- Stay on the Right Side of the Line: Ever heard about fences causing neighborly squabbles? Pros know the drill when it comes to property lines and zoning rules. This means you can avoid any awkward “you’re-on-my-side” conversations with the folks next door.
- Cheap Materials, Better Deals: Pros have connections, and that means they can get their hands on top-notch materials. Skimping on materials might leave you with a fence that’s flimsy and falls apart faster than you can say “do over.”
- Time: The Unseen Cost: Building a fence isn’t a weekend project, especially if you’re not a seasoned pro. DIY projects have a sneaky way of gobbling up your time, leaving you wondering why you ever started in the first place.
- Oops Moments Are Pricey: Even a tiny mistake in fence-building can turn into a big mess. Pros know how to spot and fix these uh-oh moments, saving you from a lot of head-scratching and rework.
- The Budget Buster: DIY might look wallet-friendly, but it’s got surprises up its sleeve. Mistakes, redos, and special tools can burn through your budget faster than you can say, “Ouch.”
Bottom line: Bringing in a skilled fence builder like Rocky Mountain Fence and Decks in Northern Colorado isn’t just about saving you stress — it’s an investment in having a fence that’s strong, stylish, and built to last.
A good fence can enhance curb appeal for property sales
While there is a common belief that a fence alone can increase your property value, a sturdy, stylish fence can increase your property’s curb appeal, which is what would increase its value to potential buyers. That’s a strong reason to have it built by professionals. Our fences have helped beautify many properties throughout Northern Colorado. We put up decorative, wooden, vinyl, aluminum, and wrought iron fencing. Check out our fencing gallery to see the many decorative and functional fences we install. Even if you have the best fence installation tips, read this article for tips on creating a backyard oasis to help sell your house.
Why call Rocky Mountain Fence and Decks?
Our team has been installing fences in Colorado for more than 30 years. We have grown with the industry and we understand the dynamics of the materials in Colorado’s rugged winters and summer extremes. We know the best products to use and have built long-lasting relationships with materials suppliers such as TimberTech, Fortress, Ameristar, Fiberon, Royal Group, and Trex. As experienced professionals, we also take the time to understand your city’s ordinances and your HOA regulations that require certain permits or permissions to build a fence. With our trusted team, you will not have to wonder, “What are the rules for building a fence?”
We can make sure your fence is right the first time
At Rocky Mountain Fence and Decks, we understand the need to save money. And we also understand that inflation makes products alone cost much more. But as we say above, issues and problems have a way of coming up and adding immensely to your costs. You can call us for a free quote, and we can give you strong assurances of the time it will take to complete the job. And, we offer financing, so you do not have to come up with that sum of money all at once. It would be like you are putting it on your home store credit card, but with a much lower interest rate.
Here is what some of our customers say about our work:
“Very professional employees, Travis always kept us up to date on the progress of the job. Job site was kept clean and when done all trash was removed. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for decks and fence.” — Jim Brookshire
“Unbelievable quality and value! Extremely professional, responsive and on time! In this day honesty and hard work is hard to find. I can honestly say all of these qualities are met above and beyond!” Eleni Rodriguez
“Scott listened to all our needs and organized an awesome team led by Sam and his son to remove our old fence and rebuild a new 6′ cedar fence and 4′ garden fence with custom-designed wood panels on the ends of each side. Sam and team worked in the hottest weeks of the Colorado summer but finished the project with time to spare. I’d highly recommend this company to anyone looking to build/repair a fence at their home and look forward to working with them again in the future.” — Rob Malara
Since 1992, Rocky Mountain Fence and Decks has offered expert fence and decking services. Fill out our simple estimate form to receive a quote for your project. Be sure to check out our financing. The Loveland, Colorado-based Rocky Mountain Fence and Decks provides services to the whole Northern Colorado region, including Wellington, LaPorte, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley, Loveland, and Berthoud. We are looking forward to your call!